Tuesday, September 8, 2009

21 Weeks!

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are mostinterested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

I'm rather certain that I have finally felt movement these past 4 days as well. The little kicks are awesome and I am also starting to feel when he rolls over and such but only when I'm laying down flat with a pillow or something over my stomach. We tried the trick where you hold a flashlight up to your belly and the baby is supposed to squirm to the other side but nothing happened. Hopefully within the next week or so the movements become more regular and I can count on feeling them everyday. Anthony tries his hardest to feel them, but no luck yet!

I have been feeling great lately, finally getting some of my energy back. My only complaint is sleeping, or lack of. Its such a pain in the ass to roll over and have to then move my body pillow around and get comfortable all over again. I also wake up with numb hands, which is awkward. Ohh how I miss sleeping on my back.

I took my belly pictures in the same shirt as before so its easier to compare. I feel bigger, but I don't feel like I look all that much larger in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment