Wednesday, October 7, 2009

25 Weeks!


"Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes."

It scares the hell out of me that in 13 short weeks I will be full term. That's not that long from now! It donned on us the other day when we were sitting here talking about it, I'm sure it would have been hilarious to see our face
expressions at that very moment. I feel so behind, we don't even have our nursery started yet! Its kind of difficult since we don't know really know where we will be living.

I have looked into the classes that our hospital offers and am signing us up for classes starting in November. I'm for sure signing up for a Baby Care Basics class and also a breast feeding class. I would like to sign up for the Childbirth Prep class as well, but with Anthony's work schedule its not going to be easy to pull off since the class meets once a week for like 3 weeks.

I went in today for more blood work to test for anemia and also another Gestational Diabetes test. Keeping my fingers crossed that I pass this one as well and don't have to suffer through the 3 hour version. The glucola drink isn't too bad, just like an orange soda on crack. The trick is to chug the drink so the sweetness of it doesn't hit you while you still have half a bottle of it to go. I go to the doctor next Tuesday for a normal follow up. Should be the normal weight, pee and heartbeat...nothing too exciting. Not sure if they have the Swine Flu Vaccine in yet, and I'm also not sure if I'm going to get it.

I have pretty much finished my registry with Babies R Us, at least all of the main items are accounted for. There are a few things that I couldn't register for on there such as my diaper bag (because I'm a snob...no really) and also the car seat. I have found this diaper bag (or this one that will never happen)and LOVE it. So now I'm saving for it and will get it before baby boy gets here. If not, I have lots of big purses. I'm just not a standard diaper bag kind of girl, and since I'll be the one carrying it for 2 years I need to love it! The car seat that we want is the Maxi Cosi Mico in Phantom. This car seat is capable of snapping onto the stroller that my mom bought us which will make life easier. Babies R Us goes between being "Out of Stock" and "discontinued" for some reason though. Amazon.com, Nordstroms.com and a few other places have it all the time though so I don't know why BRU wont let me register for it.

How far along? 25 weeks.
Total weight gain: Not exactly sure. Ill update this (maybe) next week after my doctors appointment. Depends on how bad the news is!
Sleep: Now that its cold outside I am sleeping SO much better. We leave the windows and back door open and it stays nice and freezing all night long. I'm loving it.
Best moment this week: RELAXING and the hubby having a day off of work finally.
Movement: a ton. He is stubborn and already knows how to mess with his dads head. He will be kicking like crazy making my belly shake and as soon as Anthony puts his hand down on my belly he stops. Its kind of funny. He will normally start up again as Anthony talks to him.
What I miss: Drinking a nice cold Blue Moon while watching football. Wearing heels and not having my feet swell to the point where its just scary.
What I am looking forward to: Fishing this Friday. And Costco's chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese for dinner. The soup is incredible. We are HUGE fans of everything from Costco.

I'll post a new belly picture in the next couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment