Monday, November 9, 2009

30 Weeks down....8-10 to go!

Your baby's lungs and digestive tract are almost fully developed. Your baby's growth in terms of her length will soon slow down, but she will continue to gain weight until she's born.

This week your baby continues to open and shut her eyes. She can probably see what's going on inside your uterus (womb), distinguish light from dark and even track a light source. If you shine a light on your stomach, your baby may move her head to follow the light or even reach out to touch the moving glow.

Some researchers think baring your stomach to light stimulates visual development. But don't expect 20/20 vision when your baby is born – newborns can see a distance of only between 20cm and 30cm. Children with normal vision don't reach 20/20 vision until the age of about seven or nine. To complete the picture, your baby now has eyebrows and eyelashes.

About a litre of amniotic fluid now surrounds your baby, but that volume decreases as she gets bigger and has less room in your uterus. As you and your baby continues to grow, don't be alarmed if you feel breathless, as if you can't get enough air. It's just your uterus pressing against your diaphragm.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel though. At about 34 weeks (or just before birth, if this is your second or third pregnancy), your baby's head will move down into your pelvis as she gets into the right position for birth. That will make breathing and eating a lot easier.


There will be no pictures with this post, I'm far to sick to motivate myself to get dressed let alone do something with my hair. I REALLY REALLY want NyQuil and its killing me that I cant take it. Tylenol just is not cutting it at all.
My last appointment went really well, I had only gained about 2 pounds in the past 3 weeks which is much better than I did the prior appointment. I start my 2 week appointments now and go back next Tuesday. She told me to write down questions that I may have regarding pain relief during labor, but I'm not exactly sure what to ask. I want every possible pain medication that they are willing to give me, as soon as they are willing to give it to me. I in no way feel like I am missing out on some special experience by not going natural. I also have no plans to make an outlined birth plan that seems to be so popular these days. I feel like they do nothing but set me up for stress and disappointment. My birth plan: Give me drugs and get the baby out the safest way possible. That's it....


No comments:

Post a Comment